Hybrid Online Learning for Naenae College
We are entering a phase of COVID where we are anticipating significant disruption due to students having to self-isolate due to having COVID themselves or a member of their household having COVID
Our response has been to set up GOOGLE CLASSROOMS to support learning no matter where students are. At home, or at school. You may well have been invited to join these learning spaces.
- Google classroom for various subjects
- Google meet or chat or hangouts
- Google email to contact teachers – email addresses guide here
- Education Perfect free accounts
- Stile for Science students – students have logins
- Webservices on our website including all sorts of opportunities and platforms
- Library EPIC research database
- Learncoach LearnCoach covers everything you need to master NCEA and get your best results ever!
- Soundtrap Make music together. Online.
Ministry NEW sites for all learners
- Ki Te Ao Mārama Ministry of Education Learning from 0-18 years of age
- Learning from home support for parents, families and whānau
Free options – we are exploring
- Wide Open School – Wide Open School helps make learning from home an experience that inspires kids, supports teachers, relieves families, and restores community. Grades 6-12 is American for NZ Years 7 – 13.
- Education TV – Schools not subscribed to ETV: We are also happy to extend our support to schools currently not subscribed to ETV. This can include an interim Screenrights Licence, if needed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 GET ETV (0800 438 388) for more information. Access will be available for the announced 4-week Level 4 Alert period, and may be extended.
- OVERDRIVE Increase digital access to your library and engage students of every reading level with an OverDrive* digital lending library.Key benefits of OverDrive include:2.2 million eBooks, narrated eBooks, audiobooks, music and videos available across a full range of subjects and 5,000 publishers
24/7 access to eBooks, even when school is closed
Over 50,000 Australian titles
Packages to suit any school – self-selected titles or titles selected by content specialists
To learn more about OverDrive click hereTo start building your eBooks collection, or add to your existing collection, click here and an educational consultant will be in touch.