Kia ora e te whānau
As you will be aware we have had to modify our welcome for Year 9 this year due to COVID restrictions.
I am very pleased that we are still able to have a pōwhiri despite the following restrictions:
- Parents and caregivers cannot attend (this is to keep the numbers under the 100 person limit) Arohamai
- Students must have masks for wearing inside and it is recommended that they use them outside (we have some masks to assist with this process)
- There will be two pōwhiri and students will be divided into two groups once they arrive. Students will be divided into Koruru and Maihi (Group 1) and Amo and Tokomanawa (Group 2)
- ALL students are to arrive at Naenae College via the main gate by 8.45 am where they can farewell parents and caregivers and receive their group allocation
- Students in Group 1 will be briefed in the Hall and Group 2 will assemble in the Big Gym
- Year 9 students will undertake their orientation for the day in their Learning Advisory Roopu groups
- Year 9 students will be released at the end of the day – 3.05 pm
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this process and we look forward to seeing your child/children on 8 February at 8.45 am.