I am Kamaia Renata
I have been working at Naenae College since 2014, coordinating the social support services in the college and providing the counselling service. I was a youth worker and then trained as a primary school teacher. In 2016 I completed my counselling qualifications and am a provisional member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
People seek counselling when they want support to deal with challenges that come up in life and to make changes that will make life better. Everyone experiences problems that feel too big to handle alone and counselling can help you identify what is going on and what might help to solve the problem.
My priority is to build a respectful, caring and positive relationship.
- You can choose whether you see the counsellor alone, with a friend or whānau.
- What you say stays confidential.
- No one will get told anything without your permission unless I have serious concerns for your safety, or the safety of others; even then we will talk about the concerns before deciding what course of action to take.
- You can choose whether to come to counselling. If someone else refers you to counselling you can decline.
- There are lots of different ways to think about problems and lots of different ideas about how they can be solved.
- Different cultures contribute different ideas to wellbeing, health and healing.
- We will look at things from different perspectives.
- I have a wide network of community agencies we can refer you or your family to.
- Your safety is the most important thing so I work within the guidelines of the Code of Ethics of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
- My practice is supervised by an experienced Member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns or would like further information on the services I can offer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kamaia Renata is available by appointment during the week. For an appointment, students need to fill in an appointment slip outside her office and slip it under her door, either during lunchtime or interval. Mrs Renata will send for students from class.